First you will need to follow the padlet link for your chosen "Wonder of the World" to type the notes you have collected from reading the Seven Wonders book. (Don't forget to put your first name, last initial in the subject line. The information you share here will serve as the baseline for the group.)
The Seven Wonders:
- The Great Pyramid of Giza (Egypt, 2700 B.C. and 2500 B.C.)
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon (Iraq, around 600 B.C.)
- Temple of Artemis (Turkey, 550 B.C.)
- Statue of Zeus at Olympia (Greece, 435 B.C.)
- Colossus of Rhodes (Island of Rhodes, around 280 B.C. )
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria ( around 270 B.C.)
- Mausoleum at Halicarnassus (Turkey, 35 B.C.)
Next use the links below to find information that will allow you to complete each slide.
4. What (special techniques or tools required to build) special engineering or architectural components
5. Why do you believe it is considered one of the 7 most important buildings of ancient times?
6. HOW This one is probably the most important to your research. If these Wonders were chosen due to the architectural and artistic characteristics then those 2 features are the ones we should be the most particular about in our investigations.
7. Choose one of the following to conclude:
- Why do you think the 7 Wonders all existed in the same area of the world?
- Do any of these ancient wonders compare to any we know or see today?
- Can you think of any wonders that exist in our world today? Explain your choice.
When you can show that you have all the information you need to cover each category, see Ms. Holleman with your Chromebook for the next step. You will...
Immediately after opening the Google Slide template, you will need to "copy" the file to your drive. Your file name should be your First and Last Name followed by 7 Ancient Wonders. Ex. Suzy Brown Hanging Gardens.
Once your slideshow is complete, begin planning your presentation. Note that you may find that you will need more information in order to make your presentation complete. Be sure to include data such as:
- Time period of construction
- Highlights about the structure itself
- What impressed you the most about it
- Other facts about your Wonder
Please do not forget to look at the scoring rubric located on the Evaluation Page. This rubric outlines how you will be scored on both your project and your presentation.
To begin your research, use the following websites to complete your research:
- Mark, Joshua J. "The Seven Wonders." Ancient History Encyclopedia. N.p., 2 Sept. 2009. Web. 10 June 2016. <http://www.ancient.eu/The_Seven_Wonders/>.
- Krystek, Lee. "The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World." The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World. N.p., n.d. Web. 09 Oct. 2017.
To begin your journey, go to the Evaluation Page.